Monday, February 15, 2010

Team Lunch Discussion

Lunch at the faculty club was really lovely, and it was nice to be able to talk to everyone in the class and get a sense of who they are outside of the studio. Richard's talk was great, and I really enjoyed his ideas about working even when you're not feeling well because I know that I sometimes run into creative blocks and get frustrated and simply stop creating anything. Clearly he's found a good way to overcome that frustration, and I think I might try his approach in the future. I can certainly see myself becoming creatively drained in this class, but I hope that the collaborative nature of our work will help feed my creativity instead. I'm intrigued by the idea of creating an entire piece as a class. I think it could be really interesting, particularly if it were on a scale large enough to allow everyone to exercise their individual talents. Perhaps a public installation or something of that nature? The idea of a performance piece is also really interesting. It would be hilarious to have a flash mob as a class, and it's such a fun group of people that I think it could really work well. I'm excited to see where our collaborations might take us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment